Volunteers are always needed at our Thrift Store and with our animals. If you have some free time you’d like to donate, please stop by the Thrift Store and complete a volunteer application. Your time will help the cause for many needy animals in Fannin County.
Our volunteers are our most important asset and they do a terrific job for the animals and our community. If you would like to join us to find homes for animals, educate the public, or raise funds, please:
- Complete an application (online or print)
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation Session. You’ll be contacted to reserve your spot.
You must be 18 years of age or older for some of our jobs, but we have room and tasks for all ages.
Every day, a volunteer helps improve the life of an animal here at the Humane Society of Blue Ridge. Our volunteers help countless animals through programs such as
- Thrift Store attendants
- fostering, feeding and caring, walking and socializing the animals
- attending adoption events
- transporting animals
- Grant Writers: applying online for grants, writing grants, making phone calls to potential donors, networking with other grant writers, etc.
You may apply to join our volunteer staff by:
- visiting our Thrift Store and completing a Volunteer Application
- or, download an application, fill it out and then mail it to us or drop it off at our Thrift Store
- or, submit an application online
You will also need to download, print and fill out our Volunteer Waiver form and submit it in person on the first time you volunteer.
Call us at 706-632-HELP (4357)
We look forward to welcoming you to our staff.
Buy Bissell® and contribute to Humane Society of Blue Ridge!
Thanks to Bissell’s Partners for Pets program, part of the proceeds of your Bissell purchases can support the Humane Society of Blue Ridge. Find out more!